Thursday, August 6, 2015

Summer Reading Entry 4


Ship Breaker

By Paolo Bacigalpi

I picked this particular novel over others because just from reading what the book is about I can see an interesting plot forming from Nailer working a job and just hoping to see tomorrow. I also like the character choice within this book. It almost make it feel like it’s him against the world. Like the entire world doesn’t want him to succeed in life but time after time he fights through it. I could see a connection between me and Nailer of how even through obstacles he will make choices that will only help him succeed more in life. I would recommend this book to someone who has obstacles that they need to fight against meaning people who don’t like them because you can really connect to Nailer of how there are only a couple of people who help him throughout the journey. I would also recommend this to people that have a very close friend and their parents are more helpful and caring then yours because you can tell that it’s hard for him to not have a mom that is loving for him and caring for him so he has to turn to his friends mom because his dad is an alcoholic and a drug abuser. But even if someone isn’t going through obstacles I still recommend this book to anyone that needs something to read because of the escalating plot that this book has.

No comments:

Post a Comment